Growing up, my dad often grilled out a flock of chicken breasts on Sunday that we would eat all week in a variety of forms: with BBQ sauce, in tacos, on a salad, you name it.
We tried the “cook once, eat a billion times” technique this week, and we’re loving it. We tried to keep things interesting with a variety of rubs on the 9 breasts Mike grilled:
1. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner (Alli’s Fave): Penzey’s Northwoods Fire Seasoning
2. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner (Mike’s Fave): Italian Seasoning with Sauté Express Italian Herb (shameless Land O’Lakes product placement)
3. Three Little Pigs BBQ Rub with Big Bob Gibson’s sauce
4. Kansas City’s Cowtown All Purpose BBQ Seasoning from Oklahoma Joe’s
5. Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning from Mike’s colleagues in Louisiana
I also roasted three pans of vegetables so the chicken wouldn’t be lonesome. Two things on this: 1. Always buy pre-diced butternut squash, and 2. We like to buy pre-washed and chopped veggies to annihilate all possible excuses for leaving them untouched.
What’s your secret for keeping weeknight dinners easy?
Until We Eat Again,
Two Happy Cooks